24 May 2023
The annual opportunity to meet and learn about the work led by Bilingualism Matters members across the world of research, practice and media.
The annual BM KE Forum is an opportunity for all to meet and learn about the work led by Bilingualism Matters members across the world of research, practice and media.
· Our keynote will be delivered by Barbara Serra, an Italian-born British-based broadcast journalist and TV newsreader talking about the challenges of multilingualism in the world of media.
· The Spotlight Sessions One and Three will feature presentations from BM branches including Bar-Ilan/Israel, Siena/Italy, Monash/Australia, Trondheim/Norway, and Penn State / USA.
· Spotlight Session Two will present the work of Gael Linn in Ireland promoting the Irish language as well as the collaborative work of the Global Seal of Biliteracy and Avant Assessment on supporting heritage languages.
· Two project sessions will feature four multidisciplinary projects: TEAM, UpSkills, MultiMind and “Understanding the Impact of Bilingualism for autistic children”. Projects will present their outcomes and new resources available to teachers, health practitioners, parents and students.
· Bilingualism Matters sessions opening and closing the event will focus on recent developments and future opportunities available to BM members.
The event requires a single registration on the BM community platform to access all sessions. All sessions will be recorded and made available to registered participants REGISTRATION LINK